Been to our website recently?
The aMarketForce website has got a fresh new look, and it is much more focused on addressing problems that businesses face today.
Since it is our new-website-month it is seems apt that we blog this month on ‘Why a website needs a regular update’. Let us take a look at a few key areas that you need to consider before doing a website makeover.
Why makeover your website? Here are some benefits
- Tighter focus on current markets
o Focus on customers current issues
o Make it easier to navigate
o Make it easier to reach us
- Better SEO – its time to do wholesale fixes
o Fix the coding issues
o Remove those extra tables
o Make it Social – Add your Twitter, FB page links
o Redo the meta tags
- Add fresh content – Relevant SEO friendly content
o Add new pages
o Rewrite to add new target keywords
- Increase Traffic – New traffic and new business
o Promote the new website through PR, marketing campaigns
And some downsides:
- Cost – Do you have a budget yet?
o You need to hire a programmer or website development company
o You need a resource to manage the project – else it will flounder
- Additional work – Means extra hours
- Rewriting the pages – Now you need a writer too
- Redo SEO – Nightmare if Search aengines no longer credits you for your years of SEO work
o Redo the link building if links changes
- Bottom line
o – Is it worth it? Yes, for the new business and better focus on your current key markets.
o Is it easy? No.
o Would we do it again? Definitely, as the markets shift and we need to change our focus.
Additional information about aMarketForce marketing services can be found on www.amarketforce.com.