In our last post What is Marketing Automation Software and Why Should I consider it? , we had discussed how a marketing automation solution is helpful to a business.
In this blog post we will discuss how to evaluate and the right marketing automation software for your company.
Before you choose a marketing automation solution, review the questions below with your marketing group:
1. Are you confusing marketing automation with email campaign management solutions?
2. Are you clear on your strategic marketing goals, (both short term and long term)? Will these strategic goals be fully supported by the capabilities of a marketing automation tool you are considering?
3. Is your company ready to go for this transition?
a. Is the time right?
b. Do you have enough resources – Budget, technical expertise, management champion?
4. Are your databases clean enough to execute sophisticated multi-channel campaigns using the marketing automation tool you will implement?
The moment you buy the solution, the ROI clock starts ticking. If there are no processes set in advance, it will be harder for you to take full advantage of the MA solution and deliver results to your marketing and sales team.
5. Do you have a process
a. Lead generation
b. Lead nurturing and scoring
6. Do you have the list of all marketing automation solution vendors?
Choosing between the solutions:
7. Is the marketing automation solution compatible with your CRM? It’s more than integration that your team has to manage after implementation like leads, campaigns and more.
8. Does the solution offer data/campaigns export and migration facilities?
9. Do they offer on-demand training? Is the training detailed enough to ensure management of the solution internally?
10. How good is the customer service? Do you get a dedicated account manager who is responsive enough?
11. Which one is the most cost-effective?
These are few preliminary questions you can discuss internally before buying a marketing automation solution. If you are still not sure which one is right for you then it’s time to call a marketing automation consulting company.
aMarketForce is a B2B marketing services company partnering with clients who require prospect list development, database validation, campaign management and phone follow up. We provide small and medium sized businesses (SMBs) with marketing automation consulting and campaign management services. To know more about aMarketforce’s Marketing Automation Services, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.